Traditionally, working with cells that do not adhere onto the slides is a long and laborious process. It also involves the use of special equipment including the cyto-centrifuge, special holders and cassettes.
Crystalgen has developed a simple one-step technology which allows researchers to simply mix the cells with the Adherence solution and pipette the mixture onto glass slides. The cells now adhere efficiently to the slides.
This process is simple, rapid and does not affect the cells in any way. The solution can be used for all samples requiring the cyto-spin process. Suspension culture cells, stem cells, spheroids, embryoid bodies, macrophages, human or animal fluid collections and urine samples. Solution to be stored at room temperature.
Instruction for CellAdhensive Solution
For use but not limited to suspension cells, collected cells from human fluids, urea or and type of the cells that do not attach to the glass slide
1. Measure and count the cells to 1.5 x 10^5-0-2 x 10^5 cells
2. Centrifuge at 1500g for 2 to 5 minutes
3. Wash the cells with 1ml PBS buffer with 0.01% BSA
4. Centrifuge at 1500g and collect cell pellet.
5. Add 50ul of the CellAdhensive solution to the cell and mix well
6. Leave at room temperature for 2 minutes
7. Pipette 2-5ul and apply onto the slide( Cat# 4951+). Leave at room temperature for 2-3 minutes until the spot is dry.
8. The cells will form a 6 mm spot and permanently attached to the slide
9. Apply 3 ul of 1 x PBS buffer on the spot for 2 min. Pipette the PBS buffer out of the slide. User can apply multi spots (up to 20 spots) for parallel comparison.